Geographic Information Systems
Looking for a challenging opportunity to gain practial experience and enhance you GIS knowledge base?
GIS internship opportunities are offered on an ongoing basis, with one intern accepted per semester, including summer sessions. Internships are unpaid and can be used for school credit. Interns are supervised and mentored by Columbia County GIS staff and spend the majority of their time working with
the GIS Department.
Examples of Responsilibities (but not limited to):
- Create custom maps using ArcGIS ArcMap/Pro
- Create/Edit file and Enterprise Geodatabases
- Assist staff with current GIS projects
Topics discussed during internship:
- Coordinate geometry
- Basic and advanced feature editing
- File and enterprise geodatabase use/management
- Multi-user editing (Versioning)
- Geoprocessing and workflow automation
- Enterprise GIS solutions
The County of Columbia is currently not accepting resumes and cover letters for internships.