Geographic Information Systems
Looking for a challenging opportunity to gain practial experience and enhance you GIS knowledge base?
GIS internship opportunities are offered on an ongoing basis, with one intern accepted per semester, including summer sessions.
Internships are unpaid and can be used for school credit. Interns are supervised and mentored by Columbia County GIS staff and spend the majority of their time working in
the GIS Department located at 26 W First St, Bloomsburg, PA 17815.
Examples of Responsilibities (but not limited to):
- Create custom maps using ArcGIS ArcMap/Pro
- Create/Edit file and Enterprise Geodatabases
- Assist staff with current GIS projects
Topics discussed during internship:
- Coordinate geometry
- Basic and advanced feature editing
- File and enterprise geodatabase use/management
- Multi-user editing (Versioning)
- Geoprocessing and workflow automation
- Enterprise GIS solutions
The County of Columbia is currently accepting resumes and cover letters for 2019 internships. We will be accepting materials until the internship positions have been filled.
- The Spring 2019 internship has been filled.
- Application deadline for Summer internship is March 1, 2019.
- Application deadline for Fall internship is June 28, 2019.
If you have an interest in a challenging credit or non-credit internship with our GIS Team, please send your materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.